The Kitchen is being renovated,please be patient, we are almost done.
- 450-500g lamb (mutton)cut into pieces use the bones as well as it adds to the overall flavor and great to eat them with you hands.
- 1 Large onion chopped.
- 100ml veggie oil (you can use olive oil if you are a bit flush!).
- 1 Bay leaf.
- 1 Sprig curry leaves.
- 2 Teaspoon garlic and ginger paste.
- 3 Teaspoons curry powder (you may add more if you want hot curry).
- 3 -4 Med sized potato's(very good for high blood pressure) peeled and quartered.)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds.
- 1 small cinnamon stick.
- 250mg chopped tin tomato or 2 med sized fresh tomato chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Med red chilies slit down the middle, deveined and pips removed.(remember to wash your hands after you done the chilies)
- Chopped Dhania (otherwise known as coriander).
- 2 Table spoons vinegar.
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 Table spoons fruit chutney
- Turn your hob on high.
- Place your large pot on the hob and add the oil.
- Add your lamb and fry until nice and brown.
- Remove lamb and set aside for later.
- Add the fennel seeds and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add onions and fry until onion's have softened.
- Add garlic ginger and curry powder and stir for a few seconds taking care not to let it burn.
- Now add your tomato's and chilies.
- Time now to add the lamb you had put aside and stir well coating all the lamb.
- Add the vinegar .
- Add curry leaves and cinnamon stick and chilies.
- You may have to add ½ cup water at this stage if to dry.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, fruit chutney and salt to taste.
- Add potato's and bring back to the boil. (sweet potato)
- Turn heat down to moderate and cover your pot and cook until meat is tender and potato's are cooked.
- Add beans and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the Dhania .
- You can serve with traditional white or brown rice.
- Mealie meal pap.
- Sambals (check out our Chicken curry for recipe on Sambals)
- Few slices of Banana.
- Naan bread (there are many recipes for this bread, and ours is going to follow very shortly - watch this space).
- Bunny Chow
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com