Delicious Fish Biryani is on the menu today. YAY!
Welcome to culinary paradise, where we invite you to dive into the irresistible world of delicious fish biryani.
Brace yourself for a symphony of flavors as we unveil a recipe that combines the delicate and succulent taste of perfectly cooked fish with aromatic blend of spices, fragrant basmati rice, and a medley of fresh herbs.
With each mouthwatering bite, you'll be transported to the coastal shores of India, where the tantalizing aroma of spices fills the air.
Whether you are a fish connoisseur or an adventurous epicurean, this fish biryani recipe will take your taste buds on a journey they won't soon forget.
So... get ready to embark on a culinary adventure, as we guide you through the steps to create a masterpiece that will tantalize your senses and leave you craving for more.
Today the fish we will be using is fresh Dorado (AKA Mahi-mahi). You can use fresh hake or any other firm white fish.
- 800g fresh Dorado.
- Oil for frying.
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Fish Masala.
- 750ml (3 cups) Basmati rice.
- 250ml Brown Lentils.
- 45ml (3Tbsp.) Olive oil.
- 4 Onions peeled and chopped.
- Salt and Pepper.
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- 1 can 410g chopped tomato's.
- 2 handfuls fresh Dhania (Coriander) chopped.
- 2 Cinnamon sticks.
- 3 Cardamom pods.
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped.
- 1 Star Anise.
- 2-3 whole dried red chilies.
- 2 tsp. chili powder.
- 2 Tbsp. fish masala.
- 2 tsp. ground cumin.
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric.
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons.
- You will also need, when it's time to serve this mouthwatering Biryani:
- 3 Tbsp. butter diced.
- Fresh Dhania (coriander).
- Plain Yoghurt.
- Sambals of chopped spring Onions and Tomato's.
- Pre heat oven to 150°c (300°F).
- Season fish with salt, pepper and fish Masala.
- Shallow fry for 1-2 minutes and then set aside.
- Cook rice and lentils according to instruction on packet.
- Using the olive oil, fry onions until translucent.
- Set aside for later.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Putting it all together.
- Assemble in a large oven proof dish.
- Start by a layer of onions, followed by Rice, Lentils, marinade and a few pieces of fish.
- Repeat the layers reserving enough rice to end with a good cover of rice.
- Randomly place the top with the butter.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
Cucumber and Tomatoe Salad
- Using oven gloves remove the Biryani from oven.
- Garnish with Dhania.
- Serve with a dollop of plain Yoghurt and sambals.
- Serve with Yoghurt and cucumber salad.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com