Spinach Sensations: A Collection of Delicious Spinach Recipes
Welcome to Spinach Sensations a Collection of Delicious Spinach Recipes, where we celebrate the vibrant and nutritious green goodness of spinach!
If you're a fan of this leafy powerhouse and looking to have more of it, you've come to the right place.
Our collection of spinach recipes will inspire you to explore the versatility of this versatile ingredient, from refreshing salads to comforting soup and everything in between.
Each recipe is carefully crafted to showcase the unique flavors and nutritional benefits of spinach.
So, grab the apron and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave you craving for more spinach in your life.
Let's dive into the world of Spinach Sensations and discover the endless possibilities thuis humble leafy green has to offer.
Quick Spinach Recipe - Stir-Fry
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup green beans
- little olive oil
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped and sliced mushrooms
- liberal squeeze of lemon juice
- Brown the onions in the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir-fry quickly.
- Serve piping hot with crusty bread!!
Before we go onto the next spinach recipe, we want to add some salads you might like to try as a side dish with these spinach sensations.
Macaroni Cheese with Spinach
- ¼ cup (25g) dry breadcrumbs.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- 2 tbsp. corn flour.
- 1¼ tsp mustard powder.
- chili powder to taste.
- 3 cups (375g) cauliflower florets.
- 2 cups macaroni.
- 2 cups spinach, washed and dried.
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk.
- 1½ cups (185g) grated cheese.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In a small frying pan, combine the breadcrumbs and oil and cook over medium - low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and crisp (about 2 to 3 mins).
- Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- In another small bowl, combine the corn flour, mustard and chili.
- Add the cauliflower and macaroni to the boiling water and cook until tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add the spinach and stir to submerge, then drain immediately.
- Return the macaroni to the pot. Add the corn flour mixture and stir to coat well, then stir in the milk and cook over medium heat, keep stirring until the milk starts to bubble and thicken.
- Remove from the heat, Add the cheese and stir until melted and smooth, then season with pepper.
- Sprinkle each serving with a tablespoon of the toasted breadcrumbs.
Spinach and Lentil Ragout
What is ragout you ask? It is a quick hearty stew of French origin.
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1¼ cups (230g) brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups (1½ liters) salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1¼ cups (115g) pasta shells
- 1 x 410g can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups (400g) baby English spinach, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
Serve the last of our spinach recipes in a bowl, topped with cooked pumpkin pieces and small cooked baby carrots, decorate with a few rocket leaves, settle back and enjoy the fruits of your time in the kitchen.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook, stirring frequently until softened, bout 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils and thyme and stir to coat.
- Add the stock and bay leaf and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta shells and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and lentils are almost tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer, covered, until the lentils and pasta shells are tender, and the mixture has thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, just until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season with pepper.
- The ragout will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Top each serving with a drizzle of the remaining oil.
We hope you've enjoyed exploring the wonderful world of Spinach Sensations and discovering new ways to incorporate this nutrient-packed green into your meals.
Whether you are looking for a quick and healthy stir-fry, a comforting cheesy macaroni or a hearty flavorful spinach and lentil ragout, these recipes are sure to satisfy your craving and nourish your body.
So, go ahead and whip up these spinach sensations in your kitchen, and let the vibrant flavors and wholesome goodness of spinach take center place on your plate. Happy Cooking!
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com