The renovation of the kitchen is 50% done, and all the recipes are good, so don't go away, browse through and you will find lostsa recipes to try!
1 Hr 20 mins
Lamb Roast today!!
Hi to all my fellow home cooking chefs here on the East coast of Africa and the rest of the world. Whenever I think of Lamb Roast my taste buds come alive!
Today I'm going to share my Mom's recipe with you.
You will love it and will hear the old classic request used by Olivier Twist when he asked "Please sir may I have some more". Do not be surprised if you have the same request.
- 1½Kg /4lb leg of lamb.
- 2Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary.
- 2Med Onions peeled and cut into 4 quarters.
- 3 cloves garlic crushed.
- 2 Cloves garlic cut thin slices and set aside.
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest.
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil.
- 1tsp coarse sea salt.
- 1¼ black ground pepper corns.
- Combine in a small bowl the honey, olive oil, rosemary, crushed garlic salt, pepper, lemon zest and mix well.
- Using your hands rub the mixture from the bowl all over the Lamb.
- Slit small holes randomly in your Lamb and take the sliced garlic you set aside earlier and insert into holes.
- Cover lamb, place in fridge for 1-2 hrs allowing the spices to penetrate the Lamb.
- Set oven 230°C (45°F).
- Place a rack in your oven pan ( this collects all the tasty juice from the roast Lamb use it later to make a smashing gravy).
- Place your veggies on the bottom of your Roasting pan.
- Place Lamb on top of veggies and put it in the oven cook for 20 minutes @ 230°C (45°F).
- Turn down temperature down to 200°C (400° F) and cook for further 50-60 minutes for med rare.
- Check with meat thermometer, should read 60-63° C(145° F) for medium/ rare.
- Put on your ovens gloves and remove Lamb.
- Keep the juice from the lamb (we will show you how to make the most divine gravy using these juices).
- Allow the roast to rest for min of 10 minutes before carving.
As promised recipe for gravy
- Drain 50% of the oil from the roasting pan and place pan on your hob turn up heat to med
- Sprinkle ± 1½ Tbsp of plain flour all over the pan and start stirring..
- Add a little bit of water to mixture and continue adding water stirring until gravy is smooth.
- Add 3 Tbsp Worcester sauce.
- Salt and Black ground pepper to taste.
Below are a few ideas of serving this Lamb roast.
- Roast potatoes, rice and peas.
- My favorite is going the whole hog, Roast potatoes, Pumpkin, onions glazed carrots, and peas/green beans with Basmati rice.
- Roasted medley of vegetables.
To end off this great meal look up my trifle recipes
You might like to check these out!!
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com