- 250 g cooked pumpkin mashed.
- 140 g (250 ml) self raising flour.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 cup milk.
- 60ml sugar.
- Cinnamon sugar mix. (Mix ¼ cup brown sugar and ground cinnamon to taste).
- Salt to taste
PREPARING THE PUMPKIN FRITTER BATTER (try and say that quickly!!)
- Peel and cut pumpkin in small cubes and cook until soft.
- Remove the cooked pumpkin from the pot, drain moisture and mash.
- Mix egg and milk in a large bowl
- Add the mash pumpkin, season with salt and pepper and continue to mix.
- Now gradually add your flour continue mixing until nice and smooth .
FRYING THE PUMPKIN FRITTERS
- Place a basting spoon of the mixture into the hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown on one side then turn the fritter and repeat for the other side.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Leave to cool and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Top with fresh cream..
- Any flavour of ice cream...
Remember the eyes in the back of your head!!
TIP for the Chef, make your pumpkin fritters last, they always seem to get better the more you make.
Using the same recipe above you can make a variety of fritters using Banana's, Butternut, Apple etc. The only ingredient that changes is the vegetable or fruit you will then be using.
You can also use a muffin baking tray to make your muffins.
Method using baking tray:
- Pre heat oven to 200°C.
- Spay the hollows of the tray with non stick spray.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes until done..
Great you have completed a great snack that can be served with: fresh cream.
- Ice cream.
- Drizzle with Honey.
- Fresh Cream.
You Might just Like these as well!!
Benefits of Pumpkin
- The fiber and potassium in pumpkin all support heart health.
- Increased potassium intakes can also help in the reduction and formation of kidney stones.
- Pumpkin is chock a block full of vitamins and minerals and is low on calories.
- It is also a natural antioxidant
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com