The Kitchen is been renovated, please be patient, we are almost done.
Bangers and Mash
Total Cooking time: 40-45 minute which includes the mash potatoes and peas.
Hi everyone and welcome...... all home cooking chefs to our kitchen today. It's a quick cooking recipe day today and we have chosen an all time favorite, bangers and mash!
How often have you come home after a hard day at the office, tired, hungry and do not feel like cooking a big dinner? So just perfect for one of those days is a recipe from my quick recipe book...…. Bangers and Mash Home Cooking Haven style.
Not only are these quick cooking recipes delicious meals, they are easy on the purse strings and also Banting friendly.
Ingredients for Bangers and Mash
- 6 pork sausages or any other sausage you might prefer
- ¾ tsp English Mustard
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 Med onions cut into rings
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 med sized potato's peeled and chopped into cubes, Banting dieters use cauliflower Mash or sweet potato
- 1Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 125gr frozen peas
- Coarse Black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup of water.
Method for Bangers and Mash
- With olive oil in a large skillet, fry the onions until translucent, remove and set aside.
- Add the sausages and cook on med to low heat for about 20 minutes until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Return the onions to the skillet with mixed herbs and mustard. Cook until golden brown, .
- Drain excess oil from pan and turn heat down to medium, sprinkle the flour into the pan, leave the flour to absorb the juices for approx. 1 min.
- Add 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce, 1 tablespoon of Tomato sauce and ½ a cup of water while stirring, season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Just before serving put the sausages back into the skillet to warm for 1 to 3 minutes.
Mashed Potato for Bangers and Mash
- Boil the potato's in a pot until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add the butter to the mash and using a hand masher mash batter and potatoes
- Heat the milk.
- Pour over the mashed potato and mix until smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Those of you on the Banting Diet can do the same, using cauliflower or sweet potato.
Below are just a few ideas for serving this tasty dish Spoon a generous portion of mash potato's onto a plate,
- Place sausages on top of Mashed potato/Mash Sweet potato and drizzle with gravy.
- Add a portion of boiled or steamed peas and enjoy!!
- Great with bake beans.
- Serve with steamed Carrots and Green beans.
- With Bacon, Fried Potato/Sweet potato chips, Egg and fried tomatoes.
I'm sure you will come up with more ways of plating.
Steak and Mushrooms