BANGERS AND MASH
How often have you come home after a hard day at the office, tired, hungry and do not feel like cooking a big dinner? So just perfect for one of those days is a recipe from my quick recipes book...…. Bangers and Mash Home Cooking Haven style.
- 6 pork sausages or any other sausage you might prefer
- ¾ tsp English Mustard
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 Med onions cut into rings
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 med sized potato's peeled and chopped into cubes, Banting dieters use cauliflower Mash or sweet potato
- 1Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 125gr frozen peas
- Coarse Black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup of water.
- With olive oil in a large skillet, fry the onions until translucent, remove and set aside.
- Add the sausages and cook on med to low heat for about 20 minutes until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Return the onions to the skillet with mixed herbs and mustard. Cook until golden brown, .
- Drain excess oil from pan and turn heat down to medium, sprinkle the flour into the pan, leave the flour to absorb the juices for approx. 1 min.
- Add 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce, 1 tablespoon of Tomato sauce and ½ a cup of water while stirring, season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Just before serving put the sausages back into the skillet to warm for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Boil the potato's in a pot until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add the butter to the mash and using a hand masher mash batter and potatoes
- Heat the milk.
- Pour over the mashed potato and mix until smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Those of you on the Banting Diet can do the same, using cauliflower or sweet potato.
Below are just a few ideas for serving this tasty dish Spoon a generous portion of mash potato's onto a plate,
- Place sausages on top of Mashed potato/Mash Sweet potato and drizzle with gravy.
- Add a portion of boiled or steamed peas and enjoy!!
- Great with bake beans.
- Serve with steamed Carrots and Green beans.
- With Bacon, Fried Potato/Sweet potato chips, Egg and fried tomatoes.
I'm sure you will come up with more ways of plating.
- Moderately Hot
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com