Pumpkin Soup recipe
Pumpkin has become a symbol for Halloween, especially in the
USA, so today is Pumpkin day
great tasty pumpkin soup recipe with a novel way of serving it, which
I know will be a big hit with your family or guests.
- 1 large pumpkin.
- 4 small pumpkins.
- 2 to 3 carrots.
- 1 large potato peeled and cut into cubes.
- 1 large red onion chopped.
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped or 3tsp crushed garlic.
- 2 celery stalks.
- 6-8 cups chicken or veg stock.
- 2 tsp. olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp. plain yoghurt.
- Coriander (Dhania) leaves for garnishing.
- Sprinkle of nutmeg for garnishing.
- Pre heat oven to 200°c (390°f).
- Cut the 4 pumpkins in half and take out the seeds.
- Drizzle with a olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the halved pumpkin face down on a baking tray lined with tin foil or baking paper.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-35 minutes depending on size of pumpkin.
- While the pumpkin is baking we will need to do the next step.
- Wash peel and dice your carrots, celery and potato.
- Peel and slice onion and garlic.
- Take a large pot and drizzle the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot.
- Place all your diced veggies in the pot and turn hob to med heat.
- Allow them to sweat and release liquid and become tender, take care not to let them turn brown.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add 2 stalks or a ¼ spoon of ground thyme.
- When your veggies are ready, remove from heat and wait until the baked pumpkin in the oven is ready.
- Remove baked pumpkin from oven allow to cool.
- Scoop out the flesh, leaving the outer skin.
- Place the flesh into your pot with the veggies.
- Place your pot back onto the stove plate.
- Set temp to medium.
- Add stock, covering your veggies.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes .
- When all veggies are soft.
- Remove from stove.
- Using a hand mixer or blender.
- Blend soup until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached
I love this part, because you will be using the outer skin of the baked pumpkin you saved earlier !!! I hope you did, cause that is what we are going to use as a soup bowl for our favorite pumpkin soup recipe.
- Ladle soup into your pumpkin bowls.
- Add a spoon of yoghurt in the middle and sprinkle with grounded nutmeg.
- Garnish with fresh coriander (Dhania).
- Serve with any fresh buns or rolls.
- Any fresh bread.
- Or just have it as it is. It will taste great any way you serve it.
On Top Terms
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com