The Kitchen is been renovated, please be patient, we are almost done.
Pumpkin Soup recipe
Pumpkin has become a symbol for Halloween, especially in the
USA, so I thought why not an easy, tasty Pumpkin Soup recipe for the day, especially as in some parts of this wonderful world of ours, winter is approaching.
And guess what I found going through my mother's old recipes?
great tasty pumpkin soup recipe with a novel way of serving it, which
I know will be a big hit with your family or guests.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe Ingredients
Okey Dokey let's
You will need the following ingredients to make this pumpkin soup
recipe, and what is really good about this recipe apart from how tasty it is, is how easy it is on the
- 1 large pumpkin.
- 4 small pumpkins.
- 2 to 3 carrots.
- 1 large potato peeled and cut into cubes.
- 1 large red onion chopped.
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped or 3tsp
- 2 celery stalks.
- 6-8 cups chicken or veg stock.
- 2 tsp. olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp. plain yoghurt.
- Coriander (Dhania) leaves for garnishing.
- Sprinkle of nutmeg for garnishing as well.
Before we start
cooking I always find it is easier to get all the ingredients together so you
do not have to run around looking for items. Ok, everyone still
with me? Great, wait for it ........'Time to start a....cooking".
- Pre heat oven to 200°c (390°f).
- Cut the 4 pumpkins in half and take
out the seeds.
- Drizzle with a olive oil and sprinkle
with salt and pepper.
- Place the halved pumpkin face
down on a baking tray lined with tin foil or baking paper.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-35
minutes depending on size of pumpkin.
- While the pumpkin is baking we will need to do the next step.
- Wash peel and dice your carrots, celery and potato.
- Peel and slice onion and garlic.
- Take a large pot and drizzle the
olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot.
- Place all your diced veggies in the pot
and turn hob to med heat.
- Allow them to sweat and release
liquid and become tender, take care not to let them turn brown.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add 2 stalks or a ¼ spoon of
- When your veggies are ready, remove
from heat and wait until the baked pumpkin in the oven is ready.
- Remove baked pumpkin from oven allow
- Scoop out the flesh, leaving the
- Place the flesh into your pot with
- Place your pot back onto the stove
- Set temp to medium.
- Add stock, covering your veggies.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes
- When all veggies are soft.
- Remove from stove.
- Using a hand mixer or blender.
- Blend soup until a smooth, creamy
consistency is reached.
Dokey, you have done a great job. Time now for a few minutes to relax with your
favorite beverage before plating and calling the family or guests to enjoy what will soon become your favorite pumpkin soup recipe..
Right, time to plate
I love this part, because you will be using the outer skin of the baked
pumpkin you saved earlier !!! I hope you did, cause that is what we are going to use as a soup bowl for our favorite pumpkin soup recipe.
- Ladle soup into your pumpkin bowls.
- Add a spoon of yoghurt in the
middle and sprinkle with grounded nutmeg.
- Garnish with fresh coriander (Dhania).
- Serve with any fresh buns or rolls.
- Any fresh bread.
- Or just have it as it is. It will taste great any way you serve it.