Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
A flavorful Fusion of Comfort and Delight
Cheesy Chicken Lasagna is on the menu today!!
Welcome to a celebration of timeless flavors and classic comfort with our traditional lasagna.
Prepare to embark on a culinary journey that pays homage to the beloved combination of layers upon layers of tender chicken, hearty tomato sauce, and velvety cheese.
Nestled between sheets of perfectly cooked lasagna, this dish is a true testament to the enduring appeal of Italian cuisine.
With every bite you will be transported to a world where tradition meets innovation and where simplicity meets sophistication.
Whether you are a seasoned cook looking to recreate a beloved family recipe, or a culinary enthusiast eager to expand your repertoire, this traditional lasagna will be a cherished addition to your kitchen.
So, grab your apron, gather your ingredients, and let the aroma of this comforting masterpiece fill your home as we embark on a gastronomic adventure together.
- 6- 8 sheets Lasagna sheets.
- 5 ml or1 tsp of Olive oil.
- Boiling water.
- 800g chicken shredded.
- 1 large onion chopped.
- 750ml bought cheese sauce (see recipe below on how to make your own cheese sauce).
- 50 gr crumbled blue cheese.
- 125 ml (½ cup) mature grated cheddar cheese.
- Syrup of a jar preserved figs.
- METHOD FOR HOMEMADE CHEESE SAUCE.
- Bring 500 ml (2 cups) of milk to the boil over low heat.
- Mix 50ml cornflower with a little milk until corn flower has dissolved.
- Stir cornflower into milk and bring to boil again, stirring continuously.
- Take care not to burn milk.
- Taste, and once you can't taste the cornflower anymore remove from heat.
- Add 70g. grated cheddar cheese to the milk stir until cheese has dissolved.
- Season with salt and pepper. P.S.. I always like adding a pinch of Paprika.
- Pre heat oven to 180°c and grease a 30 x15 cm oven proof dish.
- Put the lasagna sheets in a separate dish taking care they do not overlap and cover with boiling water (do not cook) leave in the hot water till pliable.
- Using a frying pan add the oil and fry onions until translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir fry for 4-5 mins.
- Set aside to cool.
- In your oven proof dish spread a layer of the cheese sauce, followed by sheet of pasta, chicken, crumbled blue cheese and drizzle with about 5 ml (1tsp) fig syrup.
- Repeat ending with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with the preserved figs.
Below are a few ideas how to serve this Chicken Lasagne,
- Loaf of garlic bread.
- Any green salad i.e. French, Portuguese or Italian.
- Fresh garden peas.
- Fresh green beans.
- Just on it's own accompanied by a glass of Dry wine either a White or Red the choice is yours.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com