Meatloaf Hello and welcome to all my home chefs friends here on the East Coast of Africa and around this beautiful world we live in.
Today I thought we would do a tasty dish ,which is also Banting dieter friendly and easy on the budget strings.
Yep I know that this loaf has develop a reputation over the years through the family movies of being a boring, dull, put together dish .Well I believe we can change that into ,not only a great dish but also fun to cook.
Okey Dokey for this recipe we will need the following ingredients.
- 500grams ground beef mince.(can use Lamb mince, Ground Turkey mince).
- 250gr streaky bacon.
- 2 pork sausages de skinned.
- ½ cup bread crumps (Banting dieters can use Banting bread).
- ½ cup + 2 Table spoons of Tomato sauce (ketchup in the USA).
- ½ cup finely chopped onions.
- 2 cloves garlic crushed peels removed or 1 tsp garlic paste.
- 1 large carrot, cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
- 1 celery stalk chopped.
- 4 large eggs I egg beaten.3 hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- ½ tsp. dry thyme.
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary,
- 1tsp ground sea salt.
- ½ tsp Paprika.
- optional (2 tsp. dry chillies flakes).
- 4 Tbsp.. Worchester sauce or H.P Sauce.
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (Banting diet can use Xylitol).
- ¾ Tbsp. Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tsp mustard paste or ½ top. dry
Ok now that we have gathered all the ingredients ,Its that time-- to:
" Start - a- Cooking "
- Preheat oven to 180d//368 f degrees
- Place all ingredients (except the 2 Tablespoons of ketchup) in a large mixing bowl.
- Wash your hands and then mix all the ingredients.
- Place ½ of the ground beef mixture into a baking loaf pan.
- Enclose the peeled boiled eggs length ways in the middle of the mixture.
- line the top with the streaky bacon tucking the strips under the loaf.
- Spread the remaining ketchup on top of the loaf.
- Place baking pan into oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meatloaf is cooked through and is no longer pink.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
There are various side dishes that do justice to this meatloaf.to suggest a few is with .
- Roast potato and fresh steamed green Beans.
- Creamy Mash potatoes and fresh steamed Peas.
- Creamy cauliflower mash(Banting dieters).
- Creamy sweet potato mash (Banting dieters).
- Mediterranean mixed Roast Vegetables.
- Any salad Greek, French, Italian, Mediterranean or any of your choice.
We really hope that you enjoyed cooking this meal with us here at Home Cooking Haven kitchen and that we have changed your perception of the dull Meatloaf.
Please do not stop here ,this is just one way of making Meatloaf ,but using your creative cooking imagination there is no limit to what you can achieve.
PS If you come up with a great Meatloaf recipe of your own we would love you to share it with others on our Home Cooking Haven site or Facebook site.
We really hope that you will get great enjoyment out of cooking this recipe as well as eating it, and sharing the experience where ever you go.
Don't forget to come back to Home Cooking Haven to see what's cooking and until we meet again.......... Happy Cooking
Copyright 2014 Home Cooking Haven.Com. All Rights Reserved.