5 - 6 hrs
4 - 6
Today we are going to show you how to make Mongolian Beef done in a Slow Cooker/Crock Pot. This a great meal for cold nights and is not a big strain on the budget strings.
One can use any good cut of Beef steak; Rump steak, Sirloin or Flank, the choice is yours, but today we will be using rump.
What's great about this recipe is that it is quick to prepare (10 minutes) then everything goes into the slow cooker and cooks for 5-6 hours, with no interference required on your behalf.
- 800gram Rump steak
- ¼ cup Corn starch.
- 1 Med Onion peeled cut in half and then cut in half rings.
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ Cup frozen Peas..
- ¾ Soy Sauce.
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar. (Banting dieters can use xylitol)
- ¾ Water.
- 3 Tbsp Worchester sauce.
- 1 cup. Grated carrots.
- Tbsps. Olive oil.
- 150 g Sliced Mushrooms.
- Green onion for garnishing.
- Optional garnish; sesame seeds.
- Cut the steak into thin strips.
- Place in a plastic bag with the Cornstarch and shake to coat. (Banting Dieters should omit this step, still tastes great).
- Add the Olive Oil and all the other ingredients into your Slow Cooker and stir..
- Add the coated meat and stir until coated with the sauce.
- Cook on high 2½ hours or on low 5-6 hours until meat is tender.
- When cooked, transfer the Mongolian beef into a large glass serving dish and garnish with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
There are a lot of ways of serving this tasty Mongolian beef, set out below are just a few ideas.
- With Basmati rice and garnished with chopped green onions.
- With any Pasta of your choice.
- With any steamed green veggies i.e. Broccoli, green beans, peas.
- With mashed potatoes and any green steamed veggies.
- On its own.
- In a Chinese bowl with chinese noodles.
- Not forgetting our Banting Dieters, who can serve with Cauliflower rice, any green veggies allowable on the Banting diet chart.
- Moderately Hot
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com