Chicken Walnut Salad
This salad packs a punch, it is sweet, tangy, salty and crunchy, and it can be presented in many different ways and used on many different plates you dish up.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Lettuce 170g washed
- 4 eggs, boiled and cut into wedges
- 2 apples, cord, halved and sliced
- 100g dried canberries
- 100g goat's cheese
- 15ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 60ml plain yoghurt
- 60ml Mayonnaise
- 15ml sugar
- 5ml Poppy seeds
and to finish
- 50g walnuts roughly chopped
- Bring water to boiling point and insert chicken breasts and reduce heat slightly and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cut into strips.
- Scatter the lettuce on a serving platter, followed by the chicken, eggs apples, cranberries and cheese.
- TIP: 1 tsp of salt in water can be used to soak the apples in for about 10mins, to prevent them from turning brown
Dressing and Finish
- Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined
- pour the dressing over the prepared salad and scatter the walnuts over.
- Serve immediately
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com