Chicken and Rice baked in one Pot!!
Doing the dishes after a lovely meal sucks right? Well this is a one-pot-chicken-and-rice meal. You don't have to have a cast iron pan, it works just as well in an oven safe dish.
- Moderately Hot
- 1t garlic power
- ½t paprika
- 1t barbecue spice
- 1t lemon and herb seasoning
CHICKEN AND RICE
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 3T olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1t minced garlic
- 2 carrots diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ yellow pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 1½ cups uncooked rice
- 2¼ cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley to garnish
PREHEAT OVEN TO 180°
- Combine the spice-rub ingredients in a large bowl, and add the chicken thighs, toss to coat evenly.
- In a large, ovenproof cast iron pot, heat 2T of the olive oil and fry the chicken thighs to brown 203 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside
- Add the remaining olive to the same pot and saute the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the carrots and peppers, and fry to soften.
- Add the rice and chicken stock, stir, and simmer for 5 minutes
- Put the thighs back into the pot with their juices, and season with salt and pepper, Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or continue cooking on the stove top.
- Remove the lid and bake until the liquid has been absorbed... about 10 mins
- Garnish with parsley
Any salad goes very nicely with this dish, check out the ones below for some ideas.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com