Chicken and Broccoli
4 - 5 people
Chicken and Broccoli. This is another one of our favourite recipes and I'm sure once you have tried it you will put it on your favorite list.
I have added a delicately balanced spicy creamy cheesy sauce that will make your taste buds explode with enjoyment.
- 4-6 chicken breasts fillets cubed.
- 15ml1Tbsp) garlic and ginger paste.
- 15ml(1Tbsp) Butter.
- 5 ml Olive Oil(1tsp).
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Delicately balanced spicy creamy cheesy sauce Ingredients below
- 100gr Steamed Broccoli.
- 30 (2Tbsp)chopped fresh parsley.
- 10ml (2Tbsp) cake flour.
- 250ml (1cup)milk.
- 15 ml (1Tbsp) Garlic and Ginger paste.
- 2ml (½ tsp).Turmeric.
- 125ml (½ cup).grated Cheddar cheese.
- 15ml (1Tbsp) Olive oil.
- 15ml (1Tbsp) Butter.
- ½ tsp chilli powder (for those that enjoy hot stuff use 2 Tbsp)
- Fresh Dhania (Coriander)to garnish.
- Place your cubed chicken in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and rub with Olive oil.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large frying pan.
- Stir fry garlic and ginger paste until light brown.
- Add chicken and stir until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan,heat oil and butter.
- Add Tumeric, chilli powder and flour stirring to form a paste.
- Add the milk and continue stirring until mixture thickens and there are no lumps.
- Return the chicken to the pan..
- Add cheese, salt and pepper
- Stir until cheese has melted, can add a bit more milk if to thick.
- Add broccoli and parsley stir and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and garnish with Dhania(Coriander).and grated cheese of your choice.
- Moderately Hot
- Creamy Mash potatoes and peas/green beans.
- With Pasta of your choice.
- With any rice of your choice.
- With a side dish of French,Greek or Italian salad .
- Lovely fresh French loaf/Garlic loaf.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com