The Best Chicken and Pasta Salad
Looking for the best chicken and pasta salad with a refreshing twist on the normal old pasta salad?
Look no further, this chicken salad pasta recipe is a delightful combination of tender chicken and an interesting medley of other ingredients.
And see our recipe lower down, surprise......... we have slipped in a recipe for a delicious Chicken and Rice recipe in a pan, Mediterranean Style, to enjoy with the yummy chicken salad.
Ingredients - Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ Cup chopped sun dried tomatoes in vinagrette.
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley.
- 1TBSP chopped fresh thyme or oregano.
- 90ml Olive oil.
- 15ml balsamic vinegar.
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blend all the ingredients and set aside.
Ingredients - Salad
- 1 yellow pepper.
- 500g chicken breast fillets, boiled and shredded with a fork.
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded.
- 500g pasta bowties cooked according to the packet instructions.
- Add the pitted black olives.
- 1TBSP caperberries with stems,(sold in most supermarkets, look for them in the pickles.... olive area)(available at Woolworths) and deep-fry until crisp.
- 2 TBSP toasted pine nuts (optional).
- Fresh basil, asparagus and sliced red peppers to garnish.
Method - Salad
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and skin side up.
- Roast until skin begins to blister and blacken.
- Put peppers in a plastic bag and leave to cool.
- Remove the skins and cut the peppers into strips.
- Mix the peppers with the remaining salad ingredients in a salad bowl and add the dressing
- Toss and serve as a light meal with bread.
Surprise!! A Delicious Chicken and Rice Dish in a Pan...... Mediteranean Style
Delve into the vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean with this tantalizing chicken and rice dish cooked to perfection in one pan.
This delectable creation promises a symphony of tastes that will transport your tastebuds on a culinary journey to the azure shores of the mediterranean.
- 4 chicken breasts deboned, skin removed and cut into
- 2t garlic powder or crushed garlic.
- 2t smoked paprika.
- 2t dried coriander.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2t of olive oil.
- 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- 2T tomato paste.
- If you prefer a stronger taste of tomatoes add 1x400g tin
of chopped tomatoes..
- 2t dried oregano.
- 1 t sugar.
- 400ml of chicken stock.
- 2 cups of baby spinach.
- 150g cherry tomatoes halved
- In a large pan,
heat the olive oil, season the chicken with the garlic powder, smoked paprika and dried coriander.
- Add the uncooked Basmati .
- Stir continuously so that it does not stick to the pan.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Add the oregano,
sugar and 400ml chicken stock.
- Cover the pan and
simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the spinach, cherry tomatoes and sun dried
- Cook for a
further 5 mins until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Slice 2 zucchini to put on top when serving.
A heartfelt appreciation goes out to the visitors to our website page, where we celebrate the best chicken and pasta salad and as a reward we have added this vibrant chicken and rice dish, mediterranean style as a bonus to accompany the salad.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com