35 minutes 35 minutes 6 people
Your first paragraph ...
This easy one pot meal is the perfect weeknight dinner. Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 small yellow onion, chopped
· 1 medium carrot, chopped
· 1 celery stalk, chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 bay leaves
· 3 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
· 2 (14.5 oz) cans vegetable broth
· 2 (14 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 small parmesan rind
· 1 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1 teaspoon dried basil
· 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
· Dash of crushed red pepper
· 1 cup dried ditalini or other small pasta
· 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
· Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving, optional
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the bay leaves.
4. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, beans, and parmesan rind.
5. Stir in the thyme, basil, rosemary, and crushed red pepper.
6. Season with salt and black pepper. Let simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
7. Stir in the pasta and turn up the heat to medium.
8. Cook until pasta is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
9. Stir in the parsley. Remove the bay leaves and parmesan rind.
10. Ladle into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note-for gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta.
We like to serve the soup with crusty bread or
We really hope that you will get great enjoyment out of cooking this recipe as well as eating it, and sharing the experience where ever you go.
Don't forget to come back to Home Cooking Haven to see what's cooking and until we meet again..........
Copyright 2014 Home Cooking Haven.Com. All Rights Reserved.