Prep time 10 minutes cook time 35 minutes 6 serves
Pasta Fagioli here we come!
Hi everyone, and especially to my friends overseas, who are "enjoying" a freezing cold winter. Pasta Fagioli is the perfect one pot meal for a weekend dinner and for those chilly days, easy and quick to make and low on the budget strings.
I guarantee, this recipe will not only warm the cockles of your heart it will put a satisfying smile on your family's faces. .
Ingredients for Pasta Fagioli
Okey Dokey we will need the following ingredients to create this heart warming dish
- 1 large deep pot.
- 2Tbsp. Olive oil.
- 2 Medium yellow onions peeled and chopped.
- 4 Cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 1 medium size carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced.
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 3 x 400ml(14.5oz) cans chopped tomatoes.
- 2 x 400 ml (14.5 oz.) cans Cannellini beans drained.
- 800ml(14.5oz) cans vegetable broth.
- 3 Tbsp.Worchester sauce
- 1 tsp. basil.
- 1 tsp. thyme.
- ½ tsp dried Rosemary.
- 1 cup Ditalini or any other small pasta.
- 1 small Parmesan cheese rind(optional)
- ¼ tsp. chopped flat leaf Parsley.
- Dash crushed red pepper.
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (again optional).
Still with us ? Great now that we have all the ingredients in front of us to create this heart warming meal, its that time again wait for it
Its "Time to Start A Cooking"
- Place your large deep pot on the hob heat the Olive oil
- Add onions, carrots,celery and sauté's until soft,+ - 4 minutes.
- Add Garlic and stir
- Cook for another 2 minutes taking care not to burn the ingredients.
- Add bay leaves.
- Add in your canned Tomatoes, Vegetables broth and beans.
- Stir in the Basil, Thyme Rosemary and crushed red pepper.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour in the Worchester sauce.
- Simmer for appreciably15 minutes.
- Add Pasta and turn heat up to medium.
- Cook for about 8 to 10minutes until pasta is soft.
- Stir in Parsley, remove bay leaves and Parmesan rind.
- For those of us that enjoy a little kick add some Tabaco sauce.
Voila you have just completed a classic mouthwatering meal ,once tasted never wasted.
You deserve to sit back put your feet up,relax and enjoy a glass of beverage of your choice.
Below are just a few ways of serving this great Pasta soup,
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese(or any grated cheese of your choice)
- Goes great with crusty bread.
- Any fresh bread rolls.
- Bread sticks.
- With Garlic Bread.
- Corn bread.
- Just on Its own.
Bon Appetit .
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com