Cauliflower curry is on the menu today, believe me once you have tried this recipe you will most definitely file it under FAVOURITE curry dishes.
Not only does it stand out as a simple recipe, but its really tasty and easy on the purse strings.
Today we will use Sweet Potato's with our Cauliflower.
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- large Onion chopped
- 2 med Sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite sizes.
- 1Large piece Ginger grated
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed.
- ½ tsp, Turmeric.
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin.
- 1Tbsp.curry powder.(can use 2 if you prefer hot curry)
- 227gr Chopped tomato.
- ½ tsp sugar (Banting and other dieters can use xylitol)
- cauliflower is a mass of tiny, tightly packed flower…, cut into florets
- potato comes in innumerable varieties. A number of…, cut into chunks
- 1chilli … halved lengthways.
- Squeezed lemon juice
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped, to use for serving
- Naan bread and natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Cook the onion for 10 minutes until soft, then add the ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin and curry powder.
- Simmer for about a 1 minute stirring.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar stirring until all the mixture is combined.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes and split chilli, seasoning to taste.
- Cover with a lid and gently cook for a good 30 minutes stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender
- Add a drop of water if you need to, but not to much as it is meant to be a dry curry.
- When vegetables are soft and tender, remove the chilli..
- Add a squeeze of Lemon and scatter with fresh Dhania(coriander).
- Serve with your choice of Indian bread.
- Use as a filling for your samoosa's
- Add a dollop of yogurt.
- With savoury rice.
- On its own.
- Make a Bunny Chow.
- Indian salads.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com