The Kitchen is been renovated, please be patient, we are almost done.
Creamy Chicken Stew
Prep Time: 20 Minute Cooking Time: 7-8 Hours Serves: 4 - 6
Creamy chicken stew.This is one of my favourite chicken recipes and I'm sure once you've tried it you will put it on your favorite list as well.
Good day to all my fellow home chefs here on the East Coast of Africa and around the world. Thank you for paying us a visit at Home Cooking Haven. It's so great to have you with us today.
Today we are going to show you how to make a delicious Creamy Chicken stew packed with veggies. I may add that it is also Banting friendly.
The great thing about this recipe is, it's a working mothers dream. Yep you guessed it we going to do it in a Slow cooker, AKA a Crock pot.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Stew
Right are you ready to begin, great we will need the following;
- 6 med size deboned and skinned thighs (can use 2 large skinned chicken breast cut into bite sizes)
- 3-4 small potatoes cut into quarters skin on cleaned(Banting dieters use sweet potato)
- 1 large onion chopped.
- 1tbsp. butter
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed.
- 1Sprig thyme.
- 1 Cup baby carrots cut in half.
- 1 small red or green bell pepper sliced.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sweet corn.
- ½ Cup frozen peas, or beans
- 200gr Sliced mushrooms.
- I/3 cup celery diced.
- ½ Cup whole milk.
- 1 Can Cream of chicken soup (can use Cream of mushroom soup)
- ½ teaspoon dried all spice.
- ¼ spoon oregano.
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Fresh parsley chopped for sprinkling over stew prior to serving.
(P.S. you can use 1 packet 300 grams frozen mixed veggies)
Still with me? Great!
- Now that we have gathered all the ingredients needed for this Creamy Chicken stew,its time to "Start - a - cooking"
Just before we start I must say that the slow cooker/crock pot has got to be the perfect cooking utensil for working Woman /mothers,
Okey Dokey first thing we need to do is get out the slow cooker and turn it on.
- Melt the butter on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place all your veggies on top of the melted butter and combine so they all get a coating of butter.
- Salt and pepper your chicken thighs.
- Add chicken into the cooker.
- In a micro wave oven dish mix the soup, milk, cream of chicken soup and spices.
- Heat in micro wave for 30 - 40 seconds.
- Pour the mix over the chicken in the cooker stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Place the lid, set heat to low and cook for 6-8 hrs.
- Sprinkle with parsley and crumbled bacon and serve.
Viola your have just completed a mouthwatering heart warming stew enjoy.
There are many ways of serving this great meal,below I've given you a few tried and tested ways of plating and they all go very nicely and tastily together.
- With Basmati Rice or any rice of your choice.
- With any pasta noodles.
- Banting Dieters can use cauliflower rice.
- My favorite is to serve in a large soup bowl with fresh bread rolls mmm. And of cause accompanied by a glass of your favorite wine.