A Few Easy Spinach Recipes for YOU!
Welcome to my fellow Home Chefs from all around the world, from the East Coast of Sunny Africa.
Today we are going to give 3 different spinach recipes using spinach as the star of the show. We think you will enjoy making all three of them, because they are simple to make, but still thoroughly delicious.
Quick Spinach Recipe - Stir-Fry
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup green beans
- little olive oil
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped and sliced mushrooms
- liberal squeeze of lemon juice
- Brown the onions in the olive oil, add the mushrooms and stir-fry.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir-fry quickly.
- Serve piping hot with crusty bread!!
In these spinach recipes we have specially used Spinach as the star because it is absolutely packed with excellent medicinal benefits which can help prevent numerous ailments and even serious diseases such as cancer.
Macaroni Cheese with Spinach
- ¼ cup (25g) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. cornflour
- 1¼ tsp mustard powder
- chilli powder to taste
- 3 cups (375g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (about 300g) macaroni
- 2 cups (about 300g) spinach, washed and dried
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- 1½ cups (185g) grated cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In a small frying pan, combine the breadcrumbs and oil and cook over medium - low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and crisp (about 2 to 3 mins). Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- In another small bowl, combine the cornflour, mustard and chilli.
- Add the cauliflower and macaroni to the boiling water and cook until tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add the spinach and stir to submerge, then drain immediately.
- Return the macaroni to the pot. Add the cornflour mixture and stir to coat well, then stir in the milk. and cook over medium heat, keep stirring until the milk starts to bubble and thicken.
- Remove from the heat, add the cheese and stir until melted and smooth, then season with pepper.
- Sprinkle each serving with a tablespoon of the toasted breadcrumbs.
Spinach and Lentil Ragout
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1¼ cups (230g) brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups (1½ liters) salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1¼ cups (115g) pasta shells
- 1 x 410g can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups (400g) baby English spinach, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook, stirring frequently until softened, bout 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils and thyme and stir to coat.
- Add the stock and bay leaf and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta shells and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the past and lentils are almost tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer, covered, until the lentils and past shells are tender and the mixture has thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, just until wilted, about 1 minute.
- stir in the lemon juice and season with pepper.
- The ragout will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Top each serving with a drizzle of the remaining oil.
Serve the last of our spinach recipes in a bowl, topped with cooked pumpkin pieces and small cooked baby carrots, decorate with a few rocket leaves, settle back and enjoy the fruits of your time in the kitchen.
We really hope that you will get great enjoyment out of cooking this recipe as well as eating it, and sharing the experience wherever you go in the world.
Don't forget to come back to Home Cooking Haven to see what's cooking and until we meet again.......... Happy Cooking
Copyright 2014 Home Cooking Haven.Com. All Rights Reserved.