Quick and Easy Spaghetti Bolognese
Another easy meal from my quick cooking recipes is Spaghetti Bolognese which is quick and easy and even Banting Friendly
This Spaghetti Bolognese dish not only takes about 30 minutes to complete and is also very easy on the budget strings.
I often make this when I am tired and hungry and do not feel like cooking a big meal, but also use if often if people spring a surprise visit.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Bolognese
Okey Dokey you will need the following:
- 300 to 400 grams beef mince depending on how many people you cooking for.
- 1med to large onion finely chopped.
- 425 gram tin chopped tomato.
- 1 large clove of fresh garlic which, by the way has a lot of medical benefits)
- 2 tablespoons red vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcester sauce
- 2 heaped spoons Tomato sauce (ketchup).
- 1/2 tsp crushed fresh ginger
- 2 sprig of thyme.
- ground pepper.
- ground sea salt.
- 500g Spaghetti or sliced zucchini for the Banters.
You can also add some freshly sliced mushrooms to the sauce, as well as sliced green peppers.
The beauty about this dish is that you can use your own imagination
- Place a large saucepan on your hob and pour in the oil and heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Next add your garlic, ginger, whilst stirring, taking care it don't burn.
- Add your beef mince, herbs ,and stir.
- Add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and stir so all the mince is coated, cook for app 2 minutes.
- Now add your crushed tomato, (optional extra fruit chutney sweet Chillie sauce)
- Reduce heat add ketchup and simmer for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand potato masher, mash your mince sauce taking out the large lumps
- Ground sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cook Pasta as per instructions on the packet
- Place the spaghetti in a large deep serving dish.
- Pour the sauce over it and mix gently.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- A nice fresh Greek or Italian salad will always go well with this dish.
- Fresh Rolls.
We really hope that you will get great enjoyment out of cooking this recipe as well as eating it, and sharing the experience where ever you go.
Don't forget to come back to Home Cooking Haven to see what's cooking and until we meet again.......... Happy Cooking
Copyright 2014 Home Cooking Haven.Com. All Rights Reserved.