The Kitchen is been renovated, please be patient, we are almost done.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad.
Prep time 15 minutes Cooking time 35-40 minutes Yield 6
Roasted Cauliflower salad. Hi to all my fellow home chefs here on the East Coast of Africa and the rest of this beautiful world we live in.
Today we are going to do a Healthy Roasted Cauliflower Salad.It is low in calories and packed with punchy flavour.Turmeric adds lovely colour and flavour to this easy vegan-friendly recipe.
Ingredients for Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Okey Dokey time to put on the apron and collect all the ingredients needed for this delicious salad.
- 1 Med size Cauliflower head chopped into bite sizes.
- 1 Cup Basmati rice ,white or brown your choice
- 1 Cinnamon stick.
- ½ tsp ground Turmeric.
- 2¼ cups water.
- ½ cup frozen peas.
- 2Tbsp.extra virgin oil.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds.(No cumin on hand ,you can use other ground coriander, chili or curry powder)
- 1 Tbsp. Cider vinegar.
- 1Tbsp. fresh lime juice.
- 1Tbsp mango chutney (can use Peach or any other fruit chutney)
- Salt to taste.
- Pinch of dry mustard.
- Ground Coriander.
- Chili Powder.
- Garam Masala..
- Curry Powder.
Okey Dokey now that we got all the ingredients to do this tantalizing meal it’s that time. Wait for it:
"Time to Staaaart a Cooking."
- Preheat your oven to 450°F(200°C)
- Place rice into pot ,combine the rice with Turmeric water and cinnamon stick
- Bring to boil and cover turn heat down and simmer for until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed +- 30 to 35 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork, add peas and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking toss the cauliflower and toss with 1 Tbsp oil, cumin and salt .
- On a baking tray, arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer.
- Roast in oven, stirring occasionally until tender and brownish edges15+-20 min
- Put on your oven gloves and remove cauliflower from oven. Set aside.
Method for Chutney dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 1Tbsp oil, chutney, vinegar lime juice and mustard.
Putting it all together
- In a large bowl combine the rice and peas with the cauliflower,cashew nuts,raisins and fresh cilantro.
- Pour the chutney dressing over the combine rice and cauliflower mixture
- Toss and combine
Voila you have just completed a tasty Salad that will hold it's own at any meal.
This salad goes with:
- Great assorted cold meat.
- Just on its own on those hot summer days.