How many of you get a craving now and again for a delicious Pasta dish, I do so today I'm going to share this easy to make a Chicken Lasagna recipe with you using smoked chicken.
- 6- 8 sheets Lasagna sheets (can also use Spinach Lasagna sheets)
- 5 ml or1 tsp of Olive oil.
- Boiling water.
- 800g smoked chicken shredded.
- 1 large onion chopped.
- 750 bought cheese sauce (see recipe below on how to make your own cheese sauce).
- 50 gr crumbled blue cheese.
- 125 ml (½ cup) mature grated cheddar cheese.
- Syrup of a jar preserved figs.
- METHOD FOR HOMEMADE CHEESE SAUCE.
- Bring 500 ml (2 cups)the milk to the boil over low heat.
- Mix 50ml cornflower with a little milk until corn flower has dissolved.
- Stir cornflower into milk and bring to boil again, stirring continuously.
- Take care not to burn milk.
- Taste, and once you can't taste the cornflower anymore remove from heat.
- Add 70g. grated cheddar cheese to the milk stir until cheese has dissolved.
- Season with salt and pepper. P.S.. I always like adding a pinch of Paprika.
- Pre heat oven to 180°c and grease a 30 x15 cm Oven proof dish.
- Put the lasagna sheets in a separate dish taking care they do not overlap and cover with boiling water (do not cook) leave in the hot water till pliable.
- Using a frying pan add the oil and fry onions until translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir fry for4-5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In your oven proof dish spread a layer of the cheese sauce, followed by sheet of pasta, chicken, crumbled Blue cheese and drizzle with about 5 ml (1tsp) fig syrup.
- Repeat ending with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes
- Garnish with the preserved figs.
Below are a few ideas how to serve this Chicken Lasagne,
- Loaf of Garlic bread.
- Any green salad i.e. French, Portuguese or Italian.
- Fresh garden peas.
- Fresh green beans.
- Just on its own accompanied by a glass of Dry wine either a White or Red the choice is yours.
- Moderately Hot
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com