Fish Biryani is on the menu today. YAY!
If some one who was not into cooking asked me what is Biryani? I would explain it to them, as a delicious tasty dish made with various meats or fish, mixed with spicy rice and a blend of spice.
To start this delicious meal we will need the following ingredients:
Today the fish we will be using is fresh Dorado (AKA Mahi-mahi).You can use fresh Hake or any other firm white fish
- 800g fresh Dorado.
- Oil for frying.
- 2 Tbsp.(30g) Fish Masala.
- 750ml (3 cups)Basmati rice.
- 250ml Brown Lentils.
- 45m(3Tbsp.)Olive oil.
- 4 Onions peeled and chopped.
- Salt and Pepper.
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk.
- 1 can (410g) chopped tomato's.
- 2 handfuls fresh Dhania (Coriander) chopped.
- 2 Cinnamon sticks.
- 3 Cardamom pods.
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped.
- 1 Star Anise.
- 2-3 whole dried red chilies
- 7 ml (1½ tsp.) salt.
- ml (2 tsp.) chili powder.
- 30 ml (2Tbsp.) fish Masala.
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) ground Cumin.
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) Turmeric.
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons.
- You will also need, when its time to serve this mouth watering Biryani:
- 45ml (3 Tbsp.) butter diced.
- Fresh Dhania (coriander).
- Plain Yoghurt.
- Sambals of chopped spring Onions and Tomato's.
- Pre heat oven to 150°c (300°F).
- Season fish with salt, pepper and fish Masala.
- Shallow fry for1-2 minutes and then set aside.
- Cook rice and lentils according to instruction on packet.
- Using the Olive oil fry onions until translucent.
- Set aside for later.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Putting it all together.
- Assemble in a large oven proof dish.
- Start by a layer of onions, followed by Rice, Lentils, marinade and a few pieces of fish.
- Repeat the layers reserving enough rice to end with a good cover of rice.
- Randomly place the top with the butter.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
Cucumber and Tomatoe Salad
- Using oven gloves remove the Biryani from oven.
- Garnish with Dhania.
- Serve with a dollop of plain Yoghurt and sambals.
- Serve with Yoghurt and cucumber salad.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com