Yummy Rice Salad
This just has to be the most delicious Rice Salad that you will ever taste!
- Moderately Hot
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 eggs
- 1 small package frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 4oz diced pimento
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon Juice
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 9oz can solid tuna packed in drained. You can also use Salmon if you like, it is delicious.
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed
TIP; If uncooked eggs, placed in a pot of cold water, raise to the surface, discard immediately they are off.
- In a saucepan bring water to boil. Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min
- Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
Recipe Part 2
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
Recipe Part 3.
- Strain peas and place in large mixing Bowl
- Add chopped eggs, rice, celery and onions; toss to combine, and set aside
- In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise together with mustard, lemon juice, relish, tuna, dill,
- salt and pepper until well blended.
- Add to the vegetable mixture and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Toss once more before serving and serve chilled.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com