Prep time 10 minutes Cooking time 45 minutes Serve 6-8 people
Baked Macaroni is on the menu today.
Hi to all my fellow home chefs here on the east coast of Africa, and around this Beautiful world we live in.
Today I thought we will share my partner Lynnie Cheesy Macaroni recipe, Lynnie made it the other day and boy I've tasted a few Baked Macaroni and have got to admit this is my best
Baked Macaroni Ingriendients
Okey Dokey time to
get this delicious Macaroni dish on the go. We will need the following
ingredients to make the tasty cheesy baked macaroni.
- 500gr Macaroni.
- 200g Streaky bacon diced.500 ml milk.
- 250 (1 cup) Fresh cream.
- 500ml Milk.
- 30 ml Butter.45ml (Tbsp) flour.
- 500 ml(2 cups) grated cheddar
cheese (can use mature, or a mixture of various cheese if the budget strings
- 250ml grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Fresh Tomato, sliced into rings. Salt
and Pepper to taste.
- Optional you can add sliced Mushrooms,
green peas or even Broccoli.
Great now we have
all the ingredients together, it time, wait for it.
"Start -A - Cooking"
- First thing, place a large pot on
your hob and cook the Macaroni according to packet instructions until almost
- Drain and put to one side
- Pre heat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a medium size ovenproof dish
with non-stick spray.
- Using a frying pan fry Bacon until
- Remove Bacon and set aside.
- Using the same pan, melt the butter.
- Reduce the heat and gradually
stir in the flour.
- Mix well,
- Now add the milk gradually,
- If the sauce starts to become lumpy.
- Whisk it rapidly using a balloon whisk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reheat and add cream, continue stirring sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in
the cheddar cheese and Bacon.
- Season with salt and black pepper to
- Add the Macaroni and stir
until the macaroni is covered in the sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the med oven
- Place tomato rings randomly on the
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella over.
- Place in the preheat oven and bake
for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted and golden.
Great you have just completed a great once tasted never forgotten dish,
and I'm sure your family or guest will compliment you on what a great
meal you made for them.
Time now to relax ,put your feet up, and enjoy a beverage of your choice,
There are many ways
of serving this tasty dish. Below are just a few ideas.
- With any fresh salad i.e. French,
Greek or Italian.
- With steamed mixed peas and
corn, baby carrots.
- With any sautéed green beans, peas,
small carrots Broccoli, Spinach, Kale, Chard, etc.) with garlic and maybe a
little hot chilli flake,
- Marinated Tomato salad.
- Of course, a fresh Garlic bread, rolls,
- Marinated tomato salad.
- Moderately Hot
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com