The Kitchen is being renovated,please be patient, we are almost done.
3 Bean Salad
Serves: 8 people (adjust qty of ingredients to suit the occasion)
3 Bean Salad, one of my most favorite salads, is on the menu today.
Hi to all you home cooking chefs here on the East Coast Of Africa and around the world.
Today we are going to share our 3 Bean Salad recipe with YOU, and believe me when I say it"s one of the most tastiest salad out and it is a good companion for most meals.
Traditionally we here at Home Cooking Haven use this 3 Bean Salad recipe at Christmas and New Year. However it's such a great salad that one can use it at Barbecues, Braais and Cold Meat and Salad Lunches etc.
Three Bean Salad Ingredients
Okey Dokey time to start this one of a kind salad.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 x 400grm tin green beans drained.
- 1 x 400grm tin Butter beans drained.
- 1 x 400grm tin Baked beans with the tomato juice rinsed off and drained.
- 1 cup chopped onions.
- ½ cup chopped green peppers.
- ½ cup chopped red peppers.
- ½ cup chopped yellow peppers.
- ½ cup of oil.
- ½ cup red vinegar.
- 3 Tbsp. Brown sugar.
- 3 tsp basil.
- Ground Sea Salt and black Pepper to Taste.
- Optional addition is 5-6 dashes of Tabasco sauce for those who enjoy something with a little bite.
As mentioned earlier, should you have more guests you can adjust the quantities of ingredients. The method remains the same.
Okey Dokey, now that we have gathered all our ingredients to create this mouthwatering salad, Wait for it ---"Time to Start A Cooking" I just love saying that
- Place med size pot on the hob.
- Using a colander drain the brine from the Green beans and Butter beans.
- Rinse the tomato juice from the baked beans.
- In a salad bowl combine your three beans, chopped onions and peppers.
- In a mixing dish place the vinegar, sugar, oil, sweet basil salt and pepper.
- Mix well and pour into pot.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Stir whilst heating.
- Remove from hob at boiling point.
- Pour over your 3 bean salad and combine.
- Allow to cool
- Optional addition, add 5-6 dashes of Tabasco sauce for those who enjoy something with a little bite.
- Cover with shrink wrap and refrigerate minimum 1-2 hrs.
Great stuff you have just completed a 3 Bean Salad of note, that you can be proud of.
Time now to sit back, relax, turn the music on and enjoy a beverage of your choice.
Serving your Three Bean Salad
What's so great about this incredible recipe is that it can compliment any meal as a side salad.
- As mentioned earlier, we traditionally have it on our Christmas day feast with the Gammon (see Home Cooking Haven Christmas Menu).
- Great with Fish.
- A must, if you having Cold meats and salad.
- Goes great with Barbecues.
- Braaivleis.(Traditional name used in South Africa for Barbecue).
- Add any Tin fish i.e. Tuna, Salmon, Sardines, Pilchards.
- Mix with shredded cold Chicken and a dash of Mayonnaise on a fresh French roll.
- And my favorite is to add cherry tomatoes, rocket, chorizo and red onion.... a meal on its own.
This article was printed from Home-Cooking-Haven.com.com